Monday, October 1, 2007

I can't stand Bill Belichick

The more I watch the Patriots the more and more I loathe them. Its almost on the same level as my abhorrence of the Dallas Cowboys. Putting aside 'spygate' for just a moment, Bill Belichick's reaction to losing to the Colts last season was beyond despicable. The Colts had been trying for years to beat the Pats. It was their biggest obstacle. And year after year the Patriots would defeat them. I'm sure it hurt to lose the AFC Championship game, but when Peyton Manning went straight to Belichick to shake his hand and he ignored Peyton and actually hit him with his shoulder as they passed, that was some of the poorest sportsmanship I have ever seen. I lost all respect for the Pats coach at that moment. I actually liked the Patriots up until that point, despite having beaten my Eagles in the Super Bowl. I thought they were an organization to be looked up to. But to snub a quarterback like that and give the winning team no credit showed such a lack of class. They've won 3 Super Bowls. It just made him look like a big f***ing baby. But as it turns out, maybe he was just mad that his cameras couldn't help them adjust to the Colts' offensive line. I think the Patriots cheating shows exactly what kind of coach Belichick is. I don't care if they didn't benefit on one play from what they recorded, they cheated. It doesn't matter how much or little they gained, they tried to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else. Not only that, but they didn't even have the guts to admit it. Misinterpretation of the rules my ass. Belichick is a cheater and a liar. To say he wouldn't discuss it until Commissioner Goodell made a decision and then after the ruling, say he wouldn't talk about the past, shows an incredible disrespect for the fans and the league. The punishment should have been much harsher. Belichick should have been suspended. I just hope his crimes won't be forgotten, even though they already seem to be. How people can continue to support a team that demonstrates such a blatant disrespect for everyone is beyond me. Their talent and achievements will always be tarnished in my eyes, no matter if they continue to be successful. Unfortunately, history will likely be more than kind to the Patriots and Bill Belichick. Records and rings don't care that you're not a good person.

No comments: